Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Follow Me

Jesus calls follow me to those he desires to be his disciples. He gives no promise of how great our lives will turn out. He just calls each of us to follow him. To stay with him when the road is dark, when food is scarce, when trouble seems to be all around us. He calls us to follow him. To spend time with him, to learn his ways and put them into practice in our own lives. As we examine his life, we are encouraged to be like Jesus. We can respond to others the way that Jesus did. When people full of problems and pain come to Jesus even when he was tired, he responds with compassion. We can do the same. When people come to Jesus seeking God, he responds by showing them the Father, we can do the same. Jesus’ call to follow him isn’t just for us to walk behind him but to live our lives as he lived his.

I have found that he calls me into areas where I don't feel comfortable or confident in my own abilities. He calls me to places where I need to depend on him at all times. Where has Jesus called you to follow him? I encourage you to take that chance and see what God wants to do through you.

No comments: