Sunday, March 20, 2011

God's Will (part 5)

God guides us at times through the circumstances of this life. One of my favorite songs has a line that says step by step you will lead me. God has led me often one step at a time. It seems as when I complete one step He opens up the door or gives direction for the next step. Rarely have I seen more than one step ahead in my life. God has called me to follow Him. Not to know all that will happen or what to do in every circumstance. If I knew all those things I wouldn’t need any faith to walk day by day. At times in our lives God will close doors or open them. I recently heard someone say if God closes a door he opens a window somewhere. But God also asks us at times to persevere through our circumstances. At times what seems like an open door is really temptation to not follow God’s direction and leading. We must always go back to His word for confirmation.

No comments: