Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goal Setting

This past week I set a goal for myself. We moved to this house in February. Since then I have said hi to a couple of neighbors, but I hadn’t really met them or had the opportunity to talk to them. The goal I set was modest. It was to meet at least 2 neighbors and have a brief conversation with them. We had a yard sale on Saturday which enabled me to meet this goal. I met several people from the neighborhood and spoke with a few closer neighbors. Hopefully this will lead to more. I have been praying about how I can reach out to these people. I will keep you posted as things progress. I also have 3 houses for sale within a few feet of ours. I am praying for the new neighbors that will be moving in. I have found that if I don't set a concrete, achievable goal I may never attempt to do anything new. It also helps to have someone hold you accountable to the goals that you set. What goals can you set and who can help you stay on track?

No comments: