Friday, May 22, 2009

Walking Across the Room

I am currently reading a book by Bill Hybels called Just Walk Across the Room. It gives some simple things that anyone can do to point people to Jesus. As I have been reading through it, I have been thinking about how intentional I need to be in meeting new people and building relationships with those outside of the Edge Church. All it takes sometimes is walking across the room to meet someone new to build a brigde that helps one day bring that person to a relationship with Jesus. It could be walking across the street to meet a neighbor. I realize that I have not been intentional with doing these things. I have sat on the sidelines for too long and now I need to do this and not because I am the pastor. I believe that all of us have people in our lives, people that we run into that need the hear the message of God's love through us. Through our story of how God has worked in our lives. We need to get involved in other people's lives. We need to build a bridge to them so that at some point we can point them to Jesus. So how intentional are you?

No comments: