Monday, November 23, 2009

Sadduccees

This week I mentioned the Sadduccees. As I was thinking about them I began to wonder why they even professed to follow God if they didn't believe in any sort of afterlife. What is the purpose of following a strict set of rules when you believe that once you die there is nothing. Maybe it was because they saw it as a way to gain power in this life and wanted to be able to wield power over others. Or they just hadn't thought their position on the resurrection very well. My eternal life began when I became a follower of Jesus Christ and will continue for all eternity. What I do here and now matters. There is a purpose and reason for my life and everyone else's. I am thankful this week for my relationship with Jesus Christ. I am thankful that I can live a life of eternal significance because of what Jesus did for me. What are you thankful for?

No comments: