Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Proverbs 23:12

Proverbs 23:12 says this, "Apply your heart to discipline and your ears to words of knowledge." Sometimes verses jump out at me as I read them and this was one of them. I have been contemplating how I can apply my heart to discipline. To begin with, I need to remind myself that discipline is not a bad thing in my life. I actually need discipline if I want to live a successful life in God's eyes. I can't do anything without discipline except sit on the couch and watch tv. So I need to change my thinking about how discipline works in my life to be a positive good thing for me and not a negative thing to avoid. The verse also say to apply your ears to words of knowledge. I should be listening to things that increase my knowledge. I have been working on this for a while to be listening to things that challenge me and help me understand God better. I have tried to avoid those things that don't increase my knowledge and are in a sense only empty calories for my brain. I should also listen to those people in my life who have knowledge in areas that I lack so that I may gain insight and understanding.

No comments: